CONSTITUTION - Revised January 2021
- The Club shall be known as the Highland MG Owners’ Club.
- The objects of the Club are:
- To promote interest in motoring in general and in particular, interest in MG Cars and the preservation of them.
- To put members in touch with one another and to provide members with information, advice and assistance on service, spare parts and any other related subjects.
- To hold meetings and rallies in furtherance of the aforementioned subjects.
- To afford members such benefits and privileges as it may be possible to obtain.
- Membership of the club shall be open to all persons of not less than 17 years of age who either own or are interested in any MG car, new or old.
- Subscription for membership will be set at the AGM. Any members that joined in the three months prior to the AGM will stand for the next club year. Fully paid-up members shall be eligible to vote on all matters put to the Club by the Committee. Non-payment of subscription by 30 April shall result in suspension of Club membership and withdrawal of Club facilities and benefits until the subscription is paid.
- The authority and responsibility for running the Club shall be vested in a Committee. The Committee shall consist of a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Events Coordinator and Web Master, plus any co-opted members as required.
- The AGM shall be held in January of each year on a date specified by the Committee. The Club year is defined as starting on the 1st of January of each year and ending on the 31st of December of that year. The AGM shall:
- Receive from the Committee a full statement of accounts showing receipts and expenditure for the year ending.
- Receive from the Committee a report of the activities during the past year.
- Elect the Committee.
- Decide on any resolution which may be duly submitted to the meeting.
- An EGM may be convened by order of the Committee, or on a requisition to the Secretary signed by not less than 5 active Club members, stating clearly the business for which the EGM is called. The Secretary shall then give at least twenty-one days’ notice to the Club members. No business except that for which the meeting is called may be discussed at an EGM.
- All monies collected by the Club from subscriptions and fund-raising activities shall be banked by the Treasurer in the name of the Club. Withdrawals from the account may only be made by two of either the Treasurer, the Chairperson, Secretary or Events Coordinator, for Club business which has been approved by the Committee.
- The Club shall not be liable for loss or damage to members’ property or vehicles whilst engaged in Club activities nor shall the Club be liable for damages to any third party arising from any incident during Club activities.
- The Club may be dissolved by an EGM convened in accordance with rule 7. If the resolution of dissolution is passed, the Committee shall liquidate the affairs of the Club and if there are any surplus assets these shall be disposed at the discretion of the Committee.
If you would like a PDF copy of our constitution, it can be downloaded here.